Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to sue in small claims cour in your state

A great page on freeadvice.com has all the information you need to bring someone to small claims court depending on your state.  It has Max amount you can sue for, Brochures in each state that gives you more specific information on your states rules as well as links to the courts and the Attorney General of each state.  This is an amazing starting point for everyone... go check it out and lets all sue AT&T.

Link: http://law.freeadvice.com/resources/smallclaimscourts.htm

1 comment:

  1. I have small home business and use AT&T as phone/fax provider. I would pay them in full and in advance. They made an error, and applied my payments to a different account, and despite my calls that I already had paid, the disconnected my phone. At the time of disconnection, I was overseas, and despite my many calls, did not get any result. When I returned, AT&T realized their mistake, and restored my service.

    However, during this time I lost a few thousands of dollars worth of business due to disconnection, caused by AT&T's own fault, and not following through my calls.

    In addition, AT&T has still messed up my account, and now does not acknowledge the payments I had made earlier!!

    Can I sue them? Small Claims court, or other?

    ReplyDelete